Beautiful Secret - Christina Lauren

photo heart you.gif
I went in to this expecting to absolutely love this. I had such high hopes after the others, but was left
 photo tumblr_m8pepx2E9B1rdhpaio1_500.gif

I loved Niall when first meeting him, but he's kind of a giant bummer in his own book.

“Life Alert? It’s me, Ruby, again.”
Life Alert, life alert, it's me Chantelle. This story needs to be shocked back to life. This is sooooooo sloooooooow.

Ruby was the only thing giving this book life. She had no mind to mouth filter, which I love.
“And why are you calling me at four thirty in the morning? Are you requesting a long-distance high-five or someone to hear you melt down in mortification?”

Niall did have his moments and when he did they were fucking hot, but they were few and far between.

“You aren’t something to rush through.” I bent, smelling her neck. “Your skin is meant to be savored. Your pleasure is meant to be drawn out, stretched thin, seduced from within you.” Looking up at her I told her, “I’m not making love to you tonight with anything but my hands—but I want you to come so violently on my fingers that you’ll wake in the middle of the night, desperate to re-create it . . .” I kissed her shoulder, murmuring, “only to fail.”
Her mouth fell open.
“You won’t have the right angle, you see.” I ran a finger along her jaw. “Or the right size of finger, or depth. But mostly you’ll fail at making yourself feel as good as I will because you won’t be patient.”

“Ovulation in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .”

“I wanted to ask her for a bucket of ice. For my lap.”

“Are you all right?” he asked, stepping into a pair of track pants. “It’s not like you to avert your gaze when I’m nude. In fact, you’re usually quite the leering pervert. ”

photo tumblr_n9oqg36Yd51tnf8jro1_400.gif

Reading Order
Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard 1)
Beautiful Bitch (Beautiful Bastard 1.5)
Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Bastard 2)
Beautiful Bombshell (Beautiful Bastard 2.5)
Beautiful Player (Beautiful Bastard 3)
Beautiful Beginning (Beautiful Bastard 3.5)
Beautiful Beloved (Beautiful Bastard 3.6)
Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons 1)
Sweet Filthy Morning After (Wild Seasons 1.5)
Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons 2)
Beautiful Secret (Beautiful Bastard 4)
Dark Wild Night (Wild Seasons 3)
Wicked Sexy Liar (Wild Seasons4)